After You have purchased the server, you may want host some website on it. To point your domain name to your server, you need to:
1. register nameservers (WHERE? at your domain registar)
2. set that newly registered NSs on your domain (WHERE? at your domain registar)
3. add domain into your server (WHERE? in your server webhosting control panel)
1. Register nameservers
A. You have purchased domain from InstantcPanelHosting, then go to Client Area / Domains / My Domains / Manage Domain / Management Tools / Register Nameservers. As a nameserver, you can use "ns1" without quotation marks and IP being your VPS/server IP. Do the same for the secondary nameserver "ns2".
B. You have purchased domain from other domain registar (GoDaddy, Namecheap, Namesillo, etc.). Login to your domain registar control panel. And from there create/register new Nameserver set (register nameservers). It should be somewhere under your domain, DNS/NS section. If you can't find it, Google: "YourDomainRegistarName register nameservers" or ask their support.
example nameservers pointing to your VPS IP (in this example, 220.127.116.11):
ns1.yourcompany.com -> 18.104.22.168
ns2.yourcompany.com -> 22.214.171.124
If your registar does not allow same IP for both nameservers and you don't want to buy secondary expensive IP address, you need to do some workaround. Secondary nameserver IP can be 126.96.36.199 which should cause timeout and usage of nameserver 1 instead.
2. Change nameservers of the domain that you want to host on your server/VPS. Login to your domain registar control panel and modiffy your domains nameservers to the ones you created. If the domain that you want to host on the VPS is purchased from InstantCpanelHosting, then go to Client Area / Domains / My Domains / Manage Domain / Nameservers. In our example nameservers that we have registered and that should be used there was: ns1.yourcompany.com and ns2.yourcompany.com
3. Login to Your server/VPS control panel (DirectAdmin,VestaCP,WHM,zPanel,Kloxo...) and add domain name that you want to host on it. At same time DNS zone should have been created on background. You can verify that in the DNS section of your hosting control panel.
Your DNS zone should look similar like on the screenshots below:
http://wiki.vpslink.com/LXAdmin_HostInABox_Administrator_ManualDouble check entered information and if you are not sure, you can try to check your domain and nameservers at DNSChecker.org or intodns.com or DNSInspect.com. Note that your changes will not be reflected on that sites immediately. DNS changes may take hours to propagate across the internet DNS servers.
You may duck.com the errors. If helpless, contact your hosting support please.
----------I hope this tutorial was helpfull. If You have any idea to improve this, contact support.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution