After You purchased Your server, you may want host some website on it. To point Your domain to your server, you need to:
1. Register nameservers
A. You purchased domain from InstantcPanelHosting, then go to Client Area / Domains / My Domains / Manage Domain / Management Tools / Register Nameservers to register nameserver according to the example provided above. As a nameserver, you will use "ns1" without quotation marks and as an IP use your VPS/server IP. Do same for secondary nameserver. To register nameservers on a .tk domain you may need to submit support ticket.
B. You purchased domain from other domain registar (GoDaddy, Namecheap, Namesillo, etc.). Login to your domain registar control panel. And from there create/register new Nameserver set (register nameservers). If you can't find it, Google: "YourDomainRegistarName register nameservers" or ask their support.
example nameservers pointing to your VPS IP (in this example, 22.214.171.124):
ns1.yourcompany.com -> 126.96.36.199
ns2.yourcompany.com -> 188.8.131.52
If your registar don't allow same IP for both nameservers and you don't want to buy secondary expensive IP address, you need to do some workaround. Secondary nameserver IP can be 184.108.40.206 which should cause timeout and usage of nameserver 1 instead. Ask domain registar to verify that your newly created nameservers are set properly.
2. Login to Your server/VPS control panel (zPanel,Kloxo,Webmin,WHM, etc.) and add domain name that you want to host on it. At same time DNS zone should have been created. Go to DNS (domain name servers) section. Make sure there is or edit existing Zone.
Your Zone should look be similar to screenshots there (only with Your nameservers and Your IPs changed to yours own)
http://wiki.vpslink.com/LXAdmin_HostInABox_Administrator_ManualDouble check entered information and if you are not sure. Ask webhosting provider or on public forums whether your configuration is right.
3. When you complete step 1 (nameserve registration) and 2 (domain/DNS setup on your server), the remaining step is to change nameservers of the domain that you want to host on your server/VPS. Login to your domain registar control panel and modiffy your domains nameservers to the ones you created. In our example nameservers was: ns1.yourcompany.com and ns2.yourcompany.com
If the domain that you want to host on the VPS is purchased from InstantCpanelHosting, then go to Client Area / Domains / My Domains / Manage Domain / Nameservers.
Then wait couple of minutes and verify DNS configuration at intodns.com and DNSInspect.com (entering your domain name). Any errors? Google them please. If helpless, contact your hosting support.
1. register nameservers (WHERE? at your domain registar)
2. add domain into your server (WHERE? in your server webhosting control panel)
3. point domain to the nameservers you registered (WHERE? at your domain registar)
----------I hope this tutorial was helpfull. If You have any idea to improve this, contact support.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution